Well I’ve nearly lost 4 stone and not really had a proper creamy, homemade dessert for a while so thought as I’ve done so well, I’d treat myself and have a fat free dessert that would feel like I was being incredibly naughty but wasn’t. So, with a packet of sponge fingers, a tub of quark, fat free yogurt and choc shot, I came up with Jacqui’s Tira Me Soooo Naughty But Healthy dessert. Only 280 calories a sundae glass portion (halve that if you make it in small ramekin dishes). I had put the recipe already on UsTwoFriends but thought you’d like it here too incase you miss it.
- 8 Boudoir Fingers (sponge fingers)
- 1/2 cup of strong black instant coffee – whatever flavour you like – we used Beanies Irish Coffee Flavour with 1tsp Truvia
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml Fat Free Quark
- 150g Greek Style Fat Free Yogurt
- 20g Truvia
- 6 tsp Choc Shot (divided by the 2 glasses)
Mix the quark with the yogurt and the Truvia and mix really well until a smooth creamy consistency.
Place the 8 fingers in a dish and pour on the strong coffee and wait until fully absorbed.
Spoon 1 tablespoon cream into one of the glasses then one of the fingers, cream, 1 tsp choc shot, 1 finger, cream, 1 tsp of choc shot, 2 more fingers then top with cream and the final 1 tsp choc shot.
To make sure you have the same amount in each glass, do them at the same time or you’ll end up with 1 glass having less in.
Chill for a few hours – then devour!
You don’t have to layer the fingers and cream but to make sure that the flavour was tasted throughout, that’s what I thought was best. The first trial which we had today I didn’t layer it preferring to put the fingers at the bottom, cream then choc shot and the top was incredibly sweet, bottom not so. Laying is far better in my opinion with this dessert.
* 0.8g of fat for 4 boudoir biscuits and 0.6g fat in the Choc Shot so it’s virtually fat free. If you use fat free sponge and cocoa powder instead, then it’s fat free!
Leave A Response